Our actual Nest office! Check out the Nest decal on the side
Halloween may be our favorite holiday here at Nest– we’ve been waiting for this day all month. We’ve decked our office out with Halloween decals, pumpkins, tubs of candy, and tons of spirit. Personally, we feel totally comfortable wearing cat ears and witches hats around the office, but we understand that some of you need a more understated way to get festive. Here are some tips to transform any space (including an office!) into an instant Halloween party.
Cook up some Halloween treats. For readers of our Nestletter, we’ve already shared with you some of our favorite Halloween recipes. If you’ve already tried out apple pies and Halloween shots at home, make something you can bring in for everyone at the office. Consider some easy-to-make cupcakes, but jazz them up with these Reeses pieces designs! You’re sure to get a serious “thank-you” from your coworkers.
Quick and easy ambiance is all it takes to lighten the mood. Bowls of candy corn, a decal spider web on a window, or anything in black and orange will do the trick. At home, consider anchoring some lit candles in a tub of candy corn for a festive yet spooky look.
Music! It’s easy to get anyone excited by letting a little Halloween music float among the cubicles. We’ve compiled a playlist of guaranteed hits from your childhood that are sure to get everyone excited. Happy Halloween!!!
- Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett
- Thriller by Michael Jackson
- Purple People Eater by Shep Wooley
- Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon
- Love Potion No. 9 by the Searchers (my personal favorite)
- Ghostbusters by Ray Parker, Jr.
- Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach– Listen to this one, I swear you’ll recognize it!
- Addams Family theme song
- This is Halloween by The Citizens of Halloween — Nightmare Before Christmas
- Superstition by Stevie Wonder
- The Harry Potter theme song
- The Twilight Zone theme song
- Any background track of creaking doors and whooshing wind!